Giving the right Permanent Makeup & Microblading aftercare advice is so important if you want to ensure long-lasting, beautiful results for your clients. But what is the right PMU aftercare advice to follow? Wet or dry healing? Which products are best? And how many times should you apply them?
After 25 years in the industry, Tracie Giles has tried pretty much every process and product on the market. Some have worked brilliantly, and some definitely haven’t…but she has used all of this knowledge and experience to create the ultimate guide for Permanent Makeup & Microblading aftercare which all technicians should follow!
Whether you are a microblading artist or use a cosmetic tattooing machine to create brows, eyes or lips, the basic aftercare steps are the same. Keep the area clean, dry and use the right products to lock in pigment, speed up the healing process and prevent infection!
Step 1: Clean
- 3-4 hours after treatment wash the area gently with tepid water and a gentle soap.
- Using just the fingertips, gently rub the area for 10 seconds. Rinse the area with tepid water and make sure that all the soap is rinsed away.
- Blot dry with a clean tissue.
- Don’t worry! This will not wash away the pigment, it will just remove any blood or excess pigment. This helps to avoid any scabs forming and reduces the risk of infection
Step 2: Cleanse & Soothe
- For 3 days after treatment, use our PTSC: Post Traumatic Skin Cleanser to clean the area and remove any bacteria or build-up of product, dead skin or blood.
- This cleanser has been designed by Tracie Giles and a team of biochemists specifically for Permanent Makeup & Microblading aftercare. Not only does it gently cleanse and help to prevent infection, it also contains anti-inflammatories to help soothe the area and speed up the healing process.
- Every morning and evening spray our PTSC: Post Traumatic Skin Cleanser onto a clean cotton bud and gently wipe the area. Wipe with a smooth, light motion in one direction.
- Once dry, apply a thin layer of Vaseline. This layer should be extremely thin and hardly visible on the skin. Applying too much Vaseline will prevent the skin from healing.
Step 3: Moisturise
- On day 4 of the healing process, continue with the cleaning protocol using the PTSC: Post Traumatic Skin Cleanser but change the Vaseline for our Crème Rescue: Ultimate Rapid Healing Serum.
- This serum locks in the pigment, working to keep as much pigment in the skin as possible to give you the best, long-lasting results. Accelerating the healing process, the Crème Rescue: Ultimate Rapid Healing Serum also contains a pain relief ingredient making sure your client is as comfortable as possible.
Step 4: Healing
- Try to avoid getting the area wet again for 7-10 days, other than the cleansing protocol.
- If the treatment area does get wet, pat dry very gently with a clean tissue then apply the PTSC: Post Traumatic Cleansing Spray.
- Avoid excessive exercise, swimming or spas for 7-10 days to keep the area dry.
Instructions for showering:
We know it’s difficult for clients to keep their face completely dry when showering, so here are some of our top tips to avoid getting the treatment area wet in the shower:
- Limit your shower to 5 minutes (or less if possible!) and avoid very hot showers so that there is not too much steam.
- Do not wash your face in the shower. Wash your face at the basin using a flannel so you can avoid the treated area. Or use a clean cotton pad and cleanser, again avoiding the treated area.
- Wash your hair at the very end of your shower so that if any water does get on the area, you can blot dry with a clean tissue as soon as you are out of the shower.
- Stay out of direct sunlight for 7-10 days – this can prematurely fade the pigment before it has had chance to heal in the skin.
- No facials or aesthetic treatments (lip fillers, anti-wrinkle injections etc.) for 2 weeks.
- Use fresh pillowcases as often as possible in the first 2 weeks after treatment and avoid sleeping face down.
- Avoid using conventional makeup on or near the area for 2 weeks.
- Do not rub, pick or scratch the area as this may result in scarring or loss of pigment.
Why use Tracie Giles London Microblading & Permanent Makeup Aftercare?
- Designed by Tracie Giles and a team of biochemists, combining all her knowledge and experience of the permanent makeup & microblading industry with the science behind creating aftercare that really works.
- Accelerates the healing process.
- Locks in pigment giving you the best chance of long-lasting results.
- Contains anti-inflammatories to soothe the skin.
- Very gentle and can be used on the whole face, including in the sensitive eye area as a compress or eye cream.
- Anti-wrinkle & anti-pollution.
- Created specifically for Permanent Makeup & Microblading, but also has a range of other benefits! We are now seeing clients purchase our aftercare as overall skincare products or healing ointments. The anti-inflammatory and healing ingredients mean that it is perfect for use on minor burns, healing wounds, conventional skin tattoos, cuts and abrasions. It is also great for painful or irritated skin, eczema and psoriasis.
IF HAPPY CLIENTS AND BEAUTIFUL RESULTS AREN'T TEMPTING ENOUGH, WE ALSO OFFER A BULK BUY DISCOUNT! SPEND OVER £100 ON EITHER OUR CRÈME RESCUE: RAPID HEALING SERUM OR OUR ULTIMATE SKIN RECOVERY KITS AND USE CODE 'STOCKIST' AT CHECKOUT TO RECEIVE A 30% DISCOUNT.